What is after hospital care?
Multidisciplinary home care in South Africa for patients requiring after-hospital step-down care in conjunction with other medical professionals i.e. physiotherapists. A wide variety of patients will benefit from the professional medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided at the sub-acute and rehabilitation facilities which are owned and managed by SA Homecare.
We provide home care services that will give you a comfortably and setting at home with nurses and qualified professionals.
- 3 Steps to make home care quick and simple
Kindly complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Prolonged hospital stay more than 5-7 days
- Excessive re-admissions
- Any patient who needs:
- IV only
- Wound care only
- Palliative care
- Step down authorization
- Rehab authorization request
- SA Home Care Patient Assessment Process
- SA Home Care Coordinator to sit with scheme case managers on a weekly basis to assist and identify suitable patients
- SA Home Care Coordinator assesses patient in hospital, discusses home care with patient and family
- SA Home Care Advisor discusses case with doctors
- SA Home Care Coordinator send asssessment to Scheme Case Manager
- Active treatments such as chemotherapy discontinued.
- SA Home Care Coordinator Send updates from Multidisciplinary Team to Scheme Case Manager alternative weeks
- Joint discussions regarding to extend authoriation or terminate homecare, dependent on patient progress and rehibilitation potential.
- SA Home Care Medical Advisor provides updates to the hospital doctor
Admission Criteria For Service
- To be supplied by Client